Filming in Pitt Meadows
Thank you for your interest in filming in Pitt Meadows. For questions, inquiries, and to submit your application, please email email@example.com or contact the office at 604-465-3763
Completed applications with full details must be submitted at least five (5) business days in advance of the proposed filming activity for proper review. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The Natural Place to Film
Only a quick 2 hour flight from Hollywood, USA, there's a reason why the Greater Vancouver region is the third largest film production area in North America. Located outside Vancouver's "studio zone", production companies that film in Pitt Meadows are eligible for the BC Film Tax Credit.
Situated in the Greater Vancouver region, the City of Pitt Meadows offers a wide range of filming locations. From the pristine waters of North America's largest tidal lake to a fast paced urban centre with a unique heritage area, this small yet progressive community boasts an astonishing array of locations.
IMPORTANT COMMUNITY UPDATES:
From July through November 2018 the Neaves Road bridge on the South Alouette will be under construction with ITC. In addition, from July 5 to Sept 8 the bridge on the Katzie Slough on Harris Road (between Old Dewdney Trunk Rd and Lougheed Hwy) will be be under construction and have a full road closure. During this time no Highway Use Permits will be approved for Harris Road, McNeil Road and Neaves Road.
An update to our Pyrotechnic Bylaw (Bylaw No. 2796, 2018) now requires all film productions to aquire a pyrotechnic permit should they be using any of the following: flame bars, fire pits, bullet effects, flash powders, smoke generators and compositions, gerbs, lances, saxons, black and smokeless powders as well as special-purpose pyrotechnics
Please review Film Policy C028 and our Filming Fee Bylaw for information regarding our Hot Spot Designations, City services, guidelines, fees, traffic management, application procedures and other related information.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION SUBMITTED:
- Film Permit Application
- Hold Harmless
- Abeyance to Noise Control Bylaw No. 2138 for production activities between 9:00pm and 7:00am
- Copy of Insurance Certificate
- Business Licence Application
- Aerial Map Overlay Site Plan including: times, date(s), parking location(s), safety plan, and traffic management plan
- Filming Notification Letter
Application may also require the following additional documentation;
- Highway Use Permit Application
- Fire - Pyrotechnics Permit Application , "SPECIAL EFFECT PYROTECHNICS” or “PYROTECHNICS” are fuel, flame, propellant and/or explosive materials and devices and are used in a variety of situations, often by the entertainment industry for indoor and outdoor performances and for effects. Examples are flame bars, fire pits, bullet effects, flash powders, smoke generators and compositions, gerbs, lances, saxons, black and smokeless powders as well as special-purpose pyrotechnics. Special-purpose pyrotechnics are devices, compositions and/or commercial high explosives used with fuels (diesel, gasoline, propane, napalm, etc., and other gases and solids) to produce a one-of-a-kind pyrotechnic effect. (Bylaw No. 2796, 2018)
- Special Flight Operations Certificate from Transport Canada
- Any filming within Grant Narrows and Pitt Addington Marsh and/or Bordertown and Codd Island requires that the Ministry of Environment be contacted and authorize approval for filming activity.
- Katzie First Nation contacted & received approval
- Site safety visit with Fire Department
- Information on Bordertown - please note that production companies using this location may need to aquire an Electrical Permit through the City of Maple Ridge, along with the standard Film Permit through the City of Pitt Meadows.
FEES & PAYMENTS
- Application ($300)
- Business License ($111.00 as of January) ($55.50 after July 1)
- Security Deposit ($2000)
- Highway Use Permit ($100)
- Pyrotechnic Permit ($200)
- Film Inspection Fee ($75 + $3.75 GST)
- Street Use Fee ($150/day/road)
- Noise Abeyance ($100)