Building in Pitt Meadows
What do we do?
The Building Department is responsible for the regulation of building construction and plumbing work. Our services include:
- Review of applications
- Issuance of building permits
- Inspection of work to verify compliance with the current B.C. Building Code and other applicable regulations
Please click here to view the latest changes to the energy and ventilation requirements for housing and small buildings.
What inspections are required?
Inspections are required for the following:
- Form and Footing Inspection
- Draintile, Rain water Leader, Dampproofing, Sump, Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer and Water Service Connection
- Septic Tank, Soap Box and Disposal Field (if applicable)
- Holding Tanks & Innovative Sewage Treatment Systems (if applicable)
- Heating System
- Poly Under Floor Slab, Ploy Under Skim Coat & Soil Gas Seal
- Electrical Permits & Inspections (are done by Safety Engineering Services-telephone: 604-660-6286)
- Gas Permits & Inspections (are done by Safety Engineering Services - telephone: 604-660-6286)
- Framing Inspection
- Proof of Roofing Certification
- Insulation Inspection
- Public Works Department Service Inspection
- Final Building Inspection
Building Permit Totals
2010 - $26,392,168
2011 - $33,278,126
2012 - $41,308,216
2013 - $31,442,308
2014 - $42,996,951
For septic tank inquiries and approvals, please contact the Fraser Health Authority at 604-476-7000.