Engineering staff in the Development Services Dept are responsible for any engineering enquiries that come in to the City and respond to the Public, Developers, any outside agencies and all inside departments within the City requiring information.
Some of the Engineering Department's responsibilities include the following:
- Master Transportation Infrastructure project planning and Traffic Management including maintaining a Pavement Management System to help schedule road rehabilitation;
- Manage and provide analysis, planning and recommendations for future infrastructure along with scheduling for the water distribution, sanitary system and storm system improvements and upgrades;
- Maintain the City's Traffic Signal system;
- Review and approve Engineering drawings for all new developments;
- Manage and oversee the planning, design and construction of the City's annual Capital Works Program for roads, bridges, water, sanitary and storm water systems;
- Maintain an integrated database and records of the City's infrastructure assets.