Office of the CAO & Corporate Administration
The Office of the CAO and Corporate Administration Services department is comprised of Pitt Meadows City Council, the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and Corporate Administration.
Pitt Meadows City Council is responsible for good governance and setting policies that benefit the City. Council prioritizes the establishment of programs and services that use financial resources effectively to maximize value for citizens.
The CAO is responsible for overall administration of municipal operations in accordance with the objectives, policies and plans approved by Council. The role directs, leads and coordinates the activities of various City departments and liaises directly with key service delivery partners. The CAO also promotes effective government relations, provides guidance and advice to Council regarding municipal operations, and is responsible for executing Council’s decisions.
The CAO's responsibilities also include:
- Implementation of Council policies
- Corporate leadership and overall managerial responsibility for all departments
- Liaison with community organizations, other municipalities, KatzieFirst Nation , MetroVancouver, TransLink, Provincial and Federal agencies and departments
- Promotion of the City through economic development and other initiatives
The Corporate Administration division is combined with the Office of the CAO to enable staff to more efficiently support Mayor and Council in their legislative function. Corporate Administration staff provide legislative, procedural and parliamentarian advice to the Mayor and Council, administration and the public, as requested; disseminate decisions made during Council meetings and assure procedural fairness when Council sits in a quasi-judicial manner (such as public hearings); prepare and manage City records, meeting minutes and agendas; and respond to requests submitted under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Corporate Administration services include:
- Council Meetings, Agendas and Minutes
- Council Correspondence
- Municipal Elections
- Freedom of Information Requests
- Records Management
- Contracts & Leases
- Other Administrative Support