Current Public Hearings in Pitt Meadows
Proposed Amendments to Zoning Bylaw No 2797 - September 4, 2018
The City routinely performs a review and updates to our Zoning Bylaw, which oversees how we use land in Pitt Meadows. The following updates are being recommended and will be open for public comment and Council consideration at a public hearing on Tuesday September 4, 2018. The Council meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. The Public Hearing is item H on the agenda.
- Introducing research and development, biotechnology and production studio uses in the Golden Ears Business Park, Phases 1 and 2 only;
- To not permit accessory buildings on a property to be used toward the calculation of the gross floor area of the first storey;
- Permitting storage containers (aka shipping containers) in industrial and agricultural zones;
- Limiting the length of docks on the Alouette River;
- Prohibiting secondary suites and garden suites from the CD-11 Zone to ensure that the zoning regulations are consistent with a covenant prohibiting secondary suites registered on the title of properties located within the CD-11 Zone;
- Simplifying the language for Commercial, Unlicensed and Recreational Vehicle Parking and Storage in Residential Zones section;
- Exempt municipal accessory structures from setback requirements;
- Excluding single family homes and townhouse developments from applying small car space provisions in the Zoning Bylaw
Do You Have Feedback?
Residents who would be impacted by any of these proposed amendments to the Zoning Bylaw are invited to provide feedback in writing or in person at the public hearing.
Public Hearing Information
On Friday August 24, 2018, all information pertaining to the public hearing will be available at Pitt Meadows City Hall from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and statutory holidays, and online (see documents below).
More Information on the Details of this Proposal
Dana Parr at 604-465-2497 or email@example.com
Written Submission Deadlines
firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "September 4, 2018 - Public Hearing Submission"
City Of Pitt Meadows
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
- Submissions received BEFORE 3:00 pm on Thursday August 30, 2018 will be included in the September 4, 2018 Meeting Agenda package;
- Submissions received AFTER 3:00 pm on Thursday August 30, 2018 and up until 3:00 pm on September 4, 2018, will form part of an On-Table circulation at the public hearing
Following the public hearing, Council shall not receive further submissions from the public or interested persons concerning the application.
All oral and written submissions will become part of the public record.
Video - April 10, 2018 Council Meeting presentation (view at 1:03:00)