Special Event Application

Thank you for your interest in hosting a special event in the City of Pitt Meadows!

The purpose of this Special Event Application is to provide the City of Pitt Meadows with a summary of your event’s needs. All requests need to be approved by City staff and reflected on your event contract.

Event organizers are encouraged to submit their applications at least 2 months in advance. Events with secondary permits and approval requirements such as liquor licenses and road closure are encouraged to submit their application at least 3 months in advance.

It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain any and all permits, licences and certificates that are required for this special event and to provide copies of this documentation to the City of Pitt Meadows prior to the event.

Please Note: All fields must be completed before this form can be submitted.

Contact Information

Event Type & Description

New or Returning Event
Will you charge admission or a participation fee?
Is the event open to the public?
Are you a registered non-profit society?
Your organizing committee is

Event Location, Dates & Times

Event Duration

Attendance & Activity Details

Please check all onsite activities
150 character limit

Health, Safety & Permits

Event Insurance

A minimum of $5 million Liability Insurance naming the City of Pitt Meadows and School District 42 is required for all events. Depending on your event activities and set up you may also be required to have your suppliers provide a certificate of insurance in the amount of $5 million naming the City of Pitt Meadows as an additional insured.

Will you use an electrical panel, or, require additional power at your event?
Depending on your power needs you may need to work with a registered electrician and may require an electrical permit from the BC Safety Authority.
Will liquor be served at the event?
If yes, you will be asked to submit security, site and fencing plans, obtain written permission from the City of Pitt Meadows and, approval from the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Branch.
Will food be served at the event?
If yes, a permit may be required by the Fraser Health Authority.
Will propane or butane be used at the event?
Will you have gaming (raffle) at the event?
If yes, a permit is required by the BC Gaming Authority.
Event organizers are encouraged to provide adequate restrooms for event guests and not rely solely on the facilities of neighboring venues. Please describe how you will plan for washroom use at the event.
Will you have any temporary large structures at the event that are over 1000 sq. ft. (i.e. tents, stages, etc.)?
You may be required to obtain a temporary building permit which will include engineering drawings for any structures over 1000 sq. ft. Please specify types and sizes of temporary large structures and note approximate sizes (i.e. tents, stages, etc.)
Will your event require a road closure? For example, parades, street parties, runs and ride.
If yes, road closure permits will be required.
How will you provide emergency response and first aid at the event?
Will an external security company be used for your event?

Waste Management

Event organizers are responsible for litter pick up, sorting of recyclables and removal of all waste created. Please provide details of your plan.

Indemnification and Consent

I hereby agree to indemnify and safe harmless the City of Pitt Meadows and School District No. 42 from and against claims or demands arising from the event described in this application and I agree to obtain liability insurance that is satisfactory to the City of Pitt Meadows.
Please type the characters displayed above: (support for cookies must be enabled in your web browser)

Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Privacy of Protection Act (FOIPPA).  This information will be used for City of Pitt Meadows special event notification purposes and will not be disclosed to the public except as may be requested by law.  Questions about the collection of use of this information may be directed to the Corporate Administration department, City of Pitt Meadows, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC  V3Y 2B5. Phone 604-465-5454.