Provincial Office of the Ombudsperson
The City of Pitt Meadows strives to address concerns or complaints that individuals may have. We strongly encourage you contact our offices if issues arise and we will be happy to review with you what options or other relevant information is available.
If you have tried resolving the problem and still feel you have been treated unfairly, the Provincial Office of the Ombudsperson may be able to help. Their contact information is available on our website.
The information you will need to include with your complaint will vary, depending on your situation. In general, though, the Office of the Ombudsperson recommends you:
- Get the names of the people you have dealt with
- Keep track of their responses, including any relevant dates
- Take a few moments to focus on and summarize the decision or action you want to complain about
- Tell what result or outcome you are seeking
- Be as specific as you can about which public agencies are involved (and the names and phone numbers of persons you have dealt with). Include any relevant case or file numbers
- Attach copies of relevant documents, including copies of letters you've sent and received