Be an Exhibitor at This Year's Earth Day Event April 20!
The City of Pitt Meadows is calling on all organizations focused on zero waste initiatives to participate in the City of Pitt Meadows Earth Day event on April 20!
The City of Pitt Meadows 2018 Earth Day celebration will be held on April 20, 2018 from 10am-2pm in the City’s Spirit Square next to City Hall at 12007 Harris Road. The event will focus on Zero Waste initiatives as encouraged by Metro Vancouver and will promote reducing waste in landfills while promoting a more sustainable, proactive approach in managing resources. The event is outdoors and the participants are primarily school-aged children from Pitt Meadows elementary schools.
Areas of opportunities include, but are not limited to, recycling, repair shops, textiles, food waste, organics to energy generation, consumer choices and products/packaging. Successful participants will have the opportunity to showcase their organization as a contributor to Zero Waste, while providing at least two interactive zero-waste focused “eco-education” activities for school-aged children. Activities should be age-appropriate, hands-on and engaging, and support City of Pitt Meadows and Metro Vancouver Zero Waste initiatives.
Please submit an Expression of Interest by emailing GreenLeadershipTeam@pittmeadows.bc.ca the following information by March 25, 2018:
- organization name
- main contact person
- indicate your local presence in/around Pitt Meadows or your interest in expanding to our community
- zero-waste sector type (e.g., textiles, food waste, etc.)
- list a minimum of 2 potential school-aged-friendly activities you’d be interested in hosting at the City’s Earth Day Event (e.g., provide a brief description, duration of activity, and photos if possible)
- confirmation that you have access to at least 2 staff at all times to attend between 8:30am and 2:30pm
- access to 1 pop-up tent (or indicate if you require a tent)
We look forward to another great Earth Day celebration in Spirit Square - please join us!